The Accountant (Resident/National position) executes general finance tasks, ensures information flow within the department and contributes to the development and production of working tools/procedures. He/she will perform the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains a proper accounting filing system;
• Makes accounting entries;
• Processes financial data in an accurate manner;
• Prepares fixed costs on a monthly basis;
• Processes all working advance requests;
• Manages the working advances database;
• Prepares payment vouchers for payment of working advance requests and invoices:
• Ensures that all bills and invoices are approved and supported by the necessary documentation;
• Ensures transactions are allocated correctly to the various accounts and cost centres in line with policy;
• Gives feedback to the Assistant Administrator on any irregularities regarding any of the financial documentation.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
• CPA 2 (Certified Public Accountant) or ACCA 2 (Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants) or equivalent qualifications;
• 2 years’ work experience in a similar role;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English;
• Good analytical, organisational and communication skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to appropriately handle confidential information;
• Open-minded and adaptable, able to work in a team;
• Ability to take initiative and work both in team and independently.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their cover letter and curriculum vitae to the Head of Human Resources Department, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 15th September 2017. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automaticdisqualification.