Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium seeks a Director of Finance and Administration for the anticipated USAID “Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR)” activity that spans across all East African Community (EAC) countries (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda), and additional countries in East Africa (Zambia, Somalia, Sudan, Djibouti and Ethiopia). The STARR activity will promote increased agricultural production, investment, trade and resilience to shocks and stresses in the East Africa region by addressing agricultural issues that can mainly be solved on a regional basis. STARR’s interventions will be directed through four interrelated project component areas: 1) strengthening cross-border agriculture trade and value chains, 2) improved regional agricultural inputs, 3) strengthening resilience, and 4) strengthening the regional policy environment.
Purpose of Position
The Director of Finance and Administration will provide advanced accounting and financial oversight for the Activity. S/he will manage all finance- and administration-related staff.
Duration: 4-5 years Location: Nairobi, Kenya Finance and Accounting
- Provide wide range of financial and administrative management for the project.
- Prepare and submit financial and other cost accounting reports to headquarters and USAID.
- Maintain all budget tracking systems.
- Maintain close coordination with Palladium home office with respect to all financial and budgetary issues.
- Ensure that the financial and administrative activities are carried out in compliance with USAID and Palladium policies and procedures.
Auditing and Compliance
- Serve as key point of contact for project audits by the USG and local authorities.
- Ensure compliance with local labor and tax laws.
Procurement and Administration
- Oversee procurement for the project in compliance with Palladium and USAID policies.
- Oversee office support functions.
- MBA/Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field with 8 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience in finance, accounting, or other relevant work.
- Prior experience with a senior position in the financial administration for complex, large-scale projects for USAID.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to motivate subordinates as well as manage budgets and client expectations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with clients and project stakeholders.
- Proven record of consistently outperforming targets.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills required. Fluency in English required.
- Experience across East Africa strongly preferred. Preference will be given to local East Africa country candidates.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWx5Y2lhLldpdGhlcnNwb29uLjQ0NzM1LjM4MzBAcG…