KPMG is a leading provider of professional services, which include audit, tax and advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS) Africa, based in Nairobi, Kenya has adopted a pan-African approach to development work, employing full-time experienced development experts within the KPMG Africa team at our headquarters in Nairobi, together with a network of champions across Sub-Saharan Africa. KPMG IDAS Africa coordinates projects throughout Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results and development impact. Our country and programme experience in Africa is extensive and we pride ourselves as a leading service provider to development initiatives and delivering impact and results using innovative solutions. Our diverse team includes people of different professional backgrounds and nationalities, and this mix is fundamental to our success. Typically, we assemble teams of professionals that comprise specialised development expertise combined with core KPMG knowledge in financial and risk management.
Market Intelligence, Learning and Knowledge Management (MILK) is a strategic function within IDAS. As an integral unit within IDAS, MILK’s efforts are geared towards growing IDAS as a business through strategic input and supporting development of its people.
Market Intelligence, Learning and Knowledge Management (MILK) is a strategic function within IDAS. MILK provides business development support services to market pillars and is a key contributor to the growth of IDAS. MILK provides the following strategic support services:-
1. Proposal support: Including opportunity identification, tracking and pipeline management. MILK also manages or coordinates proposals and leads on improvements to business development processes including training.
2. Market Intelligence: Involves undertaking market research to provide an understanding of the market and inform competitive positioning.
3. Learning and knowledge management: Includes collecting, collating and sharing knowledge within IDAS with a focus on business improvement and winning new business.
4. Communications: Involves developing and disseminating internal and external communications in line with the IDAS communications strategy.
5. Marketing and innovation: MILK leads IDAS marketing activities and supports innovation within IDAS.
Due to continued growth, we are now looking to recruit a manager to work in the Market Intelligence Learning and Knowledge (MILK) unit.
Key roles and responsibilities**
Working within MILK, the Manager, Market Intelligence and Knowledge will run research and knowledge management activities that fall within the remit of MILK. Specifically, S/he will undertake the following roles and responsibilities:-
• In liaison with the Senior Manager MILK, the pillar and country leaders the manager will develop an annual market research plan for IDAS in line with the IDAS strategic focus;
• Roll out the research plan, leading on the design, data collection analysis and reporting in a user friendly way for the pillar;
• Undertake sector, country and other competitive research proactively and as may be required by pillar leaders and directors;
• Support the development of a knowledge management strategy;
• Liaise with relevant IDAS team to collect IDAS knowledge including project data, proposal collateral, marketing information and other data and information;
• Provide knowledge resources including data on projects, pillars and IDAS when required for communication, planning or other management purposes;
• Identify innovative approaches for sharing knowledge and stimulating non-classroom based learning for IDAS people;
• Support proposal development including managing some proposal development processes;
• Support the development and roll out of a SharePoint based proposal, knowledge and risk management software;
• Contribute to the development of various IDAS communications and marketing materials;
• Train and coach the MILK team and other relevant members of IDAS on research methods;
• Proactively participate in firm-wide activities and build relationships with other business units;
• Actively participate in CSI activities;
• Deputise the Senior Manager, MILK when required;
• Other relevant duties as may be delegated from time to time.
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration, economics or other relevant social science. An advanced degree will be added advantage.
• At least 7 years’ experience working in research, knowledge management or a business development function within a reputable organization;
• Expertise and experience in the use of data analysis software
• An understanding of markets related to IDAS work;
• Excellent writing skills and attention to detail in written work.
Skills and attributes
• A high affinity for data and analytics;
• Socially confident and able to create a strong presence with clients and the KPMG team;
• Curiosity and a focus on research and knowledge;
• Ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously;
• An openness to learning and growth;
• A natural coach and mentor;
• A passion for development.
HOW TO APPLY:
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your and CV giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting IDAS/17/2016 Market Intelligence and Knowledge Management Manager on or before 15 November 2016 to email@example.com *Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*