HFH Kenya is a leading housing organization founded in 1982 whose mandate is to enable low income communities to access decent and affordable shelter. Through provision of affordable financial and technical services, HFHK brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Market Development Manager to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Market Development Manager will be based in Nairobi and will primarily be responsible for taking lead in facilitating product development and work closely with Financial Services / Cooperatives validate and pilot scalable housing microfinance products in Kenya. He/she will prepare and asses the institutional readiness for pilot implementation by ensuring that key areas are addressed e.g. Pilot objectives, financial projections, systems and procedure adaptations, marketing plan, training of staff especially the field officers on the new product and a pilot launch date. He/she will support implementing partners brand and position HMF product through brand development, concept develop a marketing strategy and positioning plan. Participate in learning /sharing opportunities within and without Habitat as might be required
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities
· A Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Finance, Development or related study.
· Professional training/qualifications in microfinance
· A minimum of 7 years of working experience in the finance services sector at a management level.
· Conversant with the regulatory framework for the microfinance industry in Kenya
· Project Management Training
· Experience in market research, product development and training.
· Ability to foster relationships with partners.
· Excellent public relations skills
· Demonstrated ability to listen to and support programme staff and partners, and to work with communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 13th September, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For a detailed job description, please visit our website: www.hfhkenya.org. HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.