· One (1) Year Fixed Term Renewable Contract Subject to Performance and Availability of Funds
· Group Pension
· Group Medical Cover (Principal & 2 Dependants)
· Group Life Assurance Cover· WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
To develop capacity and support target communities on livelihoods related matters in specified administrative wards of North Horr, Marsabit
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work closely with the line government departments at the ward level including the Ward and Village Administrators, Village Development Committees, Ward Livestock Production Officer, Ward Water Officer, Ward Animal Health Technician, Ward Crop Production Officer and Ward Public Health Team and Concern’s Community Development Facilitators in the Ward
· Provide technical leadership and mentorship to target community groups such as Natural Resource Management groups, Income Generating Groups, Pastoralist Field School Groups, Community Disaster Management Committees and Livestock Marketing Associations amongst others. The technical leadership and mentorship to the groups will entail motivating the group members to undertake the planned activities, document the progress made and provide appropriate feedback to the line manager on support needed for the target groups.
· Support the target community groups and individuals in target communities in developing work plans and/or action plans as appropriate.
· Support the target community groups and individuals in target communities access and link with relevant government and private sector actors located within the relevant wards where the field officer is located
· Link target community groups with government line departments at ward level for continued support
· Document case studies, at least 1 every month clearly demonstrating changes that are happening within the target communities, with close guidance from the line manager and the M&E Officer
· Represent Concern Worldwide at ward and administrative village level development and coordination forums including clearly documenting all meetings attended for ASAL Livelihoods programme reporting
· Relay timely and accurate information on any planned coordination meetings and community participation events happening in the ward/s immediately government officers publicize the event and ideally before the planned event happens.
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Programme Participant Protection Policy
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
· A diploma in Community Development, Social Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Livestock Production, Animal Health, Agriculture, Water Engineering or any other relevant field
· At least one (1) years’ experience in implementing community projects in a similar role
· Must be able and willing to ride a motorbike. A valid motorbike riding license is an added advantage.
· Must be a resident of the ward applied for
· Strong written and oral communication, good computing and report writing skills
· Be able to work independently, as well as in a team
· Be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
· Fluency in both spoken and written language in English and Kiswahili. Fluency in the local language is essential.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
· This position is subject to Concern getting funding for the position.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter only to email@example.com