The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is the world’s largest non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health information and services. It has 6 Regional Offices, (Western Hemisphere based New York, East and South-East Asia and Oceania Region in Bangkok, Arab World Region in Tunis, South Asia Region in Bangkok, European Network in Brussels and the Africa Region in Nairobi, Kenya). The international secretariat is in London, UK.
IPPF ARO is seeking to recruit Government, Diplomatic and Protocol Liaison Assistant in its Regional Office.
The job holder will be responsible for supporting the Operations in the provision of general administrative support to service in the Regional Office.
• Assist supervisor in maintaining good relationships with the Government Ministries (MOFA), Foreign Missions and Agencies based in Kenya
• Support supervisor to prepare note verbal addressed to the MOFA of the host country relating privileges and immunities of ARO
• Receive and manage motor vehicle registration, de-registration of all ARO official vehicles with diplomatic plates
• Support supervisor to provide assistance to expatriate staff, their dependants and official visitors to ARO on matters of consular nature including application to the relevant authorities for visas, work permits, renewal of passports etc
• Prepare, dispatch and follow up on residence permits, diplomatic cards, motor vehicle registration and VAT exemptions for ARO
• Follow up with the host country’s authorities, procedures for obtaining importation and exportation of personal effects, vehicles for AOR staff
• Ensure that at all times, that equipment required for the smooth running of the office are in a good operating condition and to timely arrange for their repairs in the event of a breakdown
• Ensure that the office vehicles are in a serviceable condition at all times and to timely arrange for repairs in the event of such a need and/or routine servicing
• In collaboration with the supervisor, ensure timely and adequate valid insurance cover for general office assets and office vehicles
• In collaborate with supervisor maintain and ensure accuracy electronic database and updated the filing system containing relevant information relating staff i.e entry passes/visas/ diplomatic cards and diplomatic vehicles quick retrieval of required information
• Assist supervisor to track the expiry dates of documents to remind the relevant staff members to initiate action for renewal in a timely manner
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s in Business Administration or a similar or other related field
• Post graduate/Diploma International Relations or Political Science
• Minimum 5 years’ NGO experience in protocol affairs, practices of Governments (Ministries of Foreign Affairs) and embassies
• A high degree of diligence and attention to detail
• Highly effective multi-tasking skills, with ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload and meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and uphold integrity of information
• Good interpersonal, communication and negotiating s flexibility and a team player
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons are requested to submit a CV including three referees and cover letter indicating educational background, experience, skills and why you think you are the best candidate for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
IPPF is an equal opportunity employer. Closing date 14th February 2018