Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations. Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following position based in Nairobi.
KENRO- 15 – Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
Ensure professional and efficient handling of visitors to the Kenya office, telephone calls and messages including requests for information; as well as carrying out a variety of administrative duties to facilitate the work of MI’s operational staff.
Education and Experience
• BTS in secretarial studies, or equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Experience working for an international organization, an asset
Skills & Abilities
• Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
• Knowledge of telephone systems
• Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound organization skills
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Attention to details
• Fluent in English, knowledge of French an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please visit our website at www.micronutrient.org/careers for a complete job description. Please send a full CV and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday November 11, 2016 quoting the corresponding job number in the subject line.
Please note that this position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No telephone calls please. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.