PROGRAM: BORESHA MAABARA (LABORATORY STRENGTHENING)
The post holder will be responsible for supporting ICT needs at the National Public Health Laboratory Services (NPHLS) in areas such as network administration; system security, development and maintenance of laboratory related information systems; user support training; inventory management and help desk support system among other roles.
· Carry-out analysis of ICT requirements, assist in preparing system specification by the users and recommend solutions to address user needs for Laboratory Information System and other information systems used by laboratories.
· Support in development of high performing applications (web, desktop and mobile applications) depending on the requirements definitions
· Enhance existing systems by analyzing business requirements, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
· Support in Integration of Laboratory Information System with other systems such as EMR, DHIS, data warehouse, etc.
· Contribute to development of innovative systems to facilitate delivery of service in the public health laboratory sector
· Monitor the performance of the ICT systems in and troubleshoot operational issues for corrective action
· Document all user requests and challenges, Investigate, determine possible solutions and implement them.
· Provide help desk support on ICT and coordinate resolution on the same.
· Maintain and track software licenses compliance for the application or system. Includes licenses for application as well as operating system, database, client, etc.
· Ensure that networks, systems and services are available to users and that information is processed and transferred correctly, preserving its integrity.
The ideal candidate should have:
· Bachelor Degree and or Diploma in an area of Information Communication Technology (ICT) or equivalent.
· At least four (4) years’ experience in the ICT field.
· Experience in management of data bases and websites.
· Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
· In-depth understanding and experience in application and system development
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and report writing skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 23rd February 2018. Applicants are advised to include the position title “INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) OFFICER” as the subject.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.