Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on health and nutrition, child protection, child rights governance, WASH, education, livelihoods and humanitarian response. Save the Children has a large operational presence in the insecure, poor and drought-prone pastoralist counties of the north east and north west: Garissa, Wajir, Mandera and Turkana. We are also working in counties with the highest number of deprived children (Bungoma and Busia), as well as Dadaab refugee camp.
The purpose of the IT Project Manager is to run global IT related change projects, which are separated from our portfolio of business change projects. Typical areas that these projects focus on would be Information Security, End User Computer (EUC) upgrades, Networks and Cloud Services and Infrastructure.
Contract Duration: 2years
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience of successful delivery of projects across multiple geographic locations
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of programme and project practices and standards
- A proven ability to deliver projects on time / on budget, using project management processes and tools
- Proven experience of using and leading change management activities including change impact assessment, stakeholder management, managing resistance, building change capacity
- A proven ability to apply excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and to work collaboratively to deliver of effective solutions to project related issues
- Highly developed organisational awareness and ability to understand any sensitivities within a complex multi-stakeholder structure; and think creatively and strategically to overcome obstacles to cooperation and progress
- Strong team leadership abilities with the ability to motivate and mobilise individuals outside their reporting line
- Strong business requirements collection, and process/workflow analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English)
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Experience of working with or running projects around IT hardware, InfoSec or Cloud
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Proficiency in a second core language of Save the Children (French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic) will be an added advantage
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bW9uaWNhLjQ4NzU5LjM4MzBAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcm…