Level 1 – the responsibilities of the post does not require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Working with members of the global IT team, the role holder will be responsible for building, implementing and supporting Business Intelligence (BI) solutions within the organisation. This role will partner with business stakeholders in order to understand their analytic requirements, and implement and maintain BI solutions to meet these needs, utilising best practices. The role requires experience in adapting existing solutions as well as creating new solutions.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: TBA – Dual reporting line: BI Architect based in London and locally to the head of Technology Hub in Nairobi. The Senior BI Architect will however provide role mentorship and technical guidance.
Staff reporting to this post: No direct reports
Over 60 countries with a staff complement in excess of 17,000 of which at least 50% are considered users of IT systems.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Provide the organisation with accurate and timely BI solutions based on requirements gathered through business partnering activities
• Maintain and support existing BI solutions
• Proactively source new and innovative solutions that provide clear business value and construct ‘proof of concepts’ to demonstrate the new solutions
• Proactively identify any technical project risks/issues related to BI
• Estimate and deliver BI project tasks to agreed prioritisation and timeframes
• Support the IT Service Delivery team with the BI reporting environment
• Assist management in designing, agreeing, implementing and managing changes to the BI environment
• Maintain accurate technical documentation
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
• holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds team members and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• computing degree – BSc, BIT or equivalent qualification with minimum 3 years’ experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Experience of working with SQL Server databases, including creating & modifying T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions, triggers, writing ad-hoc queries and dynamic SQL
• Experience of working closely with non-technical staff, demonstrating an ability to translate and negotiate non-technical requirements into a detailed technical specification
• Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex technical ideas and problems clearly to non-experts
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and strong problem solving skills
• Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
• Keen to learn new technologies, especially in BI
• Experience of working with Microsoft’s BI technology stack SSIS, SSRS and/or SSAS (tabular and multidimensional models)
• Experience working with BI presentation tools (e.g. Excel, Power Pivot, Power View and Power BI)
• Experience working with BI reporting in SharePoint
• Experience working with finance systems
• Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
• Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment and with offshore project team members
• Experience working with JIRA
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience. Some degree of international travel maybe required.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the Position Title on the subject line, deadline is on 12th May 2017 COB. The system allows CV & Cover letter as One(1) document. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.