Kakenya’s Dream is a registered trust whose mission is to invest in girls from rural communities to become agents of change through transformational, educational, health and leadership initiatives that accelerate development in Africa.
Kakenya’s dream seeks to employ a construction coordinator who will support the organization in the construction of a new school.
Job Title: Construction Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: Enoosaen, Kilgoris
Type of contract: Fixed term -2 years/ completion
Essential job functions: roles and responsibilities
1. Oversee and facilitate the installation of equipment and components for the project to ensure contractors are fulfilling all obligations and that work is carried out according to approved contracts, specifications, and schedules.
2. Serve as the liaison with project management reporting on inspections, subcontracting, progress and delays.
3. Proactively identifies and works to resolve any site issues that may impede the project delivery.
4. Provides technical knowledge and input to assist the contractor.
5. Supervise and Oversee the compressed earth block making process.
6. Engage in implementation strategy for site infrastructure, including energy, sanitation, and water collection.
7. Coordinate with the project manager in creating a long-term maintenance plan for the school.
8. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Diploma in civil engineering or related fields
• 2 years working experience in related field
• Experience serving as a project manager is an added advantage.
• Experience in environmentally friendly sustainable building practices( desired requirement)
If you meet the above qualifications send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15thSeptember 2017.