Job Group ‘E’
Five (5) Posts
Basic Salary: Ksh. 15,670 – 17,570 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre and the officer will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer.
· Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
· Fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments.
· Fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines
· Applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
· Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III/apprentice Certificate awarded by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke & www.mod.go.ke
Completed application forms should reach the:
Cabinet Secretary’s office
Ministry of Defence,
P.O. Box 40668 – 00100,
Hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road, on or before 12th November, 2018.