JOB GROUP ‘E’ – Fourty Three (43) POSTS
Basic Salary: Ksh. 15,670 – 17,570 p.m. (Job, Group “E”)
Commuter Allowance: Depending on area of deployment Ksh 3,000
(Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Permanent & Pensionable
· This is the entry and training grade for this cadre and the officer will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer. Duties entail:
· inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
· Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting
· inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical malfunctions; replacing parts and components;
· Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
· Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
· Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III/apprentice Certificate awarded by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent and
· relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke & www.mod.go.ke
Completed application forms should reach the:
Cabinet Secretary’s office
Ministry of Defence,
P.O. Box 40668 – 00100,
Hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road, on or before 12th November, 2018.