JOB GROUP ‘E’ – Five (5) POSTS
Basic Salary: Ksh. 15,670 – 17,570 p.m. (Job, Group “E”)
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre and the officer will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer. Duties entail:
· fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings.
· work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal;
· shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer;
· operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts;
· inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces;
· install prefabricated sheet metal ducts used for heating, air conditioning, or other purposes.
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
· Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III/apprentice Certificate awarded by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke & www.mod.go.ke
Completed application forms should reach the:
Cabinet Secretary’s office
Ministry of Defence,
P.O. Box 40668 – 00100,
Hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road, on or before 12th November, 2018.