Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium seeks a Senior Technical Advisor of regional policy for the anticipated USAID “Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR)” activity that spans across all East African Community (EAC) countries (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda), and additional countries in East Africa (Zambia, Somalia, Sudan, Djibouti and Ethiopia). The STARR activity will promote increased agricultural production, investment, trade and resilience to shocks and stresses in the East Africa region by addressing agricultural issues that can mainly be solved on a regional basis. STARR’s interventions will be directed through four interrelated project component areas: 1) strengthening cross-border agriculture trade and value chains, 2) improved regional agricultural inputs, 3) strengthening resilience, and 4) strengthening the regional policy environment.
Purpose of Position
The Component 4 Lead will lead implementation of all activities aimed at achieving Component 4 goals including improved capacity of regional stakeholders to develop an open, trade-friendly and resilient agricultural policy environment.
Duration: 4-5 years Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Provide technical and managerial support to develop and implement innovative strategies to promote adoption and strengthen implementation of trade supportive policies in the region.
- Support efforts toward harmonization of agricultural policies across East Africa region.
- Coordinate with private sector alliances and other stakeholders, as well as regional policymaking bodies to ensure that regional policy initiatives are aligned with the needs of the private sector.
- Address technical barriers to trade across East Africa region, encouraging the adoption of common industry standards, to improve trade facilitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, international trade public policy, or a related area.
- At least fifteen years (ten years with Ph.D.) of relevant experience, five of which should be in or on developing countries, preferably in East Africa.
- Strongly preferred at least three years of experience managing and coordinating policy improvement activities.
- Strongly preferred experience serving in an advisory capacity to high-level government officials or regional trade bodies such as EAC and COMESA on trade and agricultural policies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private sector partners and stakeholders in a multi-country setting.
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and communication skills. Fluency in one or more East African language is desirable.
- Experience across East Africa strongly preferred. Preference will be given to local East Africa country candidates.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWx5Y2lhLldpdGhlcnNwb29uLjk0MDM4LjM4MzBAcG…