Kilifi plantations Ltd is one of the leading agricultural farms in Kenya located within Kilifi County. Kilifi Plantations was established in 1920 as a sisal plantation. It was privately bought in 1963 and today remains an ongoing agricultural business. Currently Kilifi Plantations consist of a leading national dairy herd milking 400 animals daily producing 3,000 litres a day. The farm also produces 350 tonnes annually of sisal fibre of export quality. Kilifi Plantations is looking for Workshop Mechanic to join a vibrant Workshop team to facilitate smooth running of operations within the workshop
• Demonstrate good understanding of diesel engines and be able to at least dismantle the same with medium level of supervision.
• Be well versed with all the minor checks and services of all tractors, listers and generator engines.
• Keep equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
• Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
• Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Good understanding of budgets and costs.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in any field will be an added advantage.
• Diploma in automotive engineering from a recognized institution.
• Must have a Valid driving licence duly stamped classes BCEFG
Minimum 3 years relevant experience
Skills and competencies
• Time management
• Highly motivated
• Independent thinker
• High level of Integrity
A monthly salary of Ksh 30,000 will be provided depending on experience. Housing will also be provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, send a one-page cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role and your CV of no more than three pages to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Workshop Mechanic Application”. Please avoid sending additional materials or attachments such as certificates and copies of your degree until requested to do so.