Our Client Energy 4 Impact (E4I, formerly known as GVEP International) is looking to fill the vacancy of Africa Regional Director (ARD) to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. E4I is a UK non-profit, which works with small and medium-sized energy businesses in Africa to help them grow, thereby accelerating access to modern energy products and services. E4I’s activities have helped over 15 million people achieve improved energy access, and its aim is to increase this to 20 million by 2020. E4I’s market-focused approach has allowed it to grow substantially in the last five years and it now has about 90 staff in offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Senegal, plus about 8 in the London UK head office. The Nairobi office acts as the regional office for all Africa locations. More information is available on www.energy4impact.org**
This position of ARD requires an energetic person with experience in partnership building, advocacy and change management in growing organizations. In addition, the ARD is expected to provide overall leadership of the organization, develop and articulate strategies and operational plans.
Key responsibility areas:
• Manage and develop relationships with key external stakeholders, building E4I’s reputation and brand, being the “face of Energy 4 Impact” in the region.
• Identify and develop new business opportunities, in conjunction with the E4I’s London-based team.
• Oversee effective delivery of E4I’s programmes and its financial management processes.
• Build the organization’s capacity, developing staff, culture and systems to allow effective delivery of the E4I vision and mission.
• Manage change processes in all aspects of the organization to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We are looking for a candidate who possesses at least 10 years’ relevant working experience in leadership positions preferably with private sector; offers excellent leadership; communication and organizational development skills; and has good knowledge of development institutions. An understanding of energy access markets or financial inclusion sectors is preferred.
Candidates should have a business-related Master’s degree. We encourage candidates from
Sub-Saharan Africa to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should apply by sending their Motivation letter (with an indication of current and expected remuneration), Curriculum Vitae and names and addresses of three referees to:
The Recruitment Manager Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd Email: email@example.com