VSF Germany is an international Non-Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda and Ethiopia.
With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, food safety but also with developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution we work towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities.
VSF Germany would like to recruit the Consortium Coordinator for the EU Trust Fund Project currently under negotiation. The Consortium Coordinator will be based in the regional office in Nairobi with 60% travel to Addis Ababa and the project areas in Turkana, Marsabit and South Omo.
Spear head strategic management and planning of the project across all partners in the project in Ethiopia and Kenya. Quality control of the project implementation & donor reports, while providing leadership & management to the coordination team.
• Provide leadership and management for the design and implementation of project activities, in close coordination with consortium member teams
• Responsible for managing the timely and quality completion of all program technical administrative financial deliverables and reports in accordance with EU guidelines and VSFG rules
• Ensure a shared project vision amongst staff and across all implementing agencies
• Responsible for delivery, and progress against agreed targets of the project across all implementing partners
• Oversee the establishment of effective project reporting, monitoring evaluation and learning, financial management, and personnel and procurement mechanisms
• Plan and lead quarterly consortium Project Steering Committee meetings and Technical Working Group meetings.
• Manage the Project Management Unit staff
Networking & Coordination
• Serve as the principal liaison with and build effective working relationships with the EU, PACT, IGAD, FAO and government counterparts, local partners, communities and other relevant stakeholders
• Develop partnerships in the humanitarian and development community and coordinate with authorities at Country and County/District Government levels.
• Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programmes and initiatives
• Relevant university degree (Master or Post graduate), in International Development, Social Sciences, Economics, Agriculture, Veterinary medicine or other relevant field.
• Minimum of 10 years’ of professional relevant experience
• Experience in managing cross border programming and complex activities
• Strong program design and management
• Experience in Livelihoods, Resilience, Natural Resource Management and other related fields
• Working experience in financial management of donor projects.
• Proven track record in donor relationships, specifically EU
• Communication Skills: Excellent writing and verbal skills in English.
• Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
The Consortium Coordinator refers to and works in close collaboration with the Country Directors of each of the implementing agencies but will report directly to the Regional Head of Program of VSFG.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV to
; Email: CCEU.firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate the Applicable Job Title on the Subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Closing date for receiving applications is 15th December, 2017 at16.00hrs.