Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium seeks a Director of Monitoring and Evaluation for the anticipated USAID “Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR)” activity that spans across all East African Community (EAC) countries (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda), and additional countries in East Africa (Zambia, Somalia, Sudan, Djibouti and Ethiopia). The STARR activity will promote increased agricultural production, investment, trade and resilience to shocks and stresses in the East Africa region by addressing agricultural issues that can mainly be solved on a regional basis. STARR’s interventions will be directed through four interrelated project component areas: 1) strengthening cross-border agriculture trade and value chains, 2) improved regional agricultural inputs, 3) strengthening resilience, and 4) strengthening the regional policy environment. Purpose of Position
The Director of Monitoring and Evaluation will lead the development and management of monitoring, evaluation, and learning for the project.
Duration: 4-5 years Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Review the project implementation activities to assess results and impact.
- Gather and evaluate information and ensure findings are accurately presented in all USAID reporting and tracking tools.
- Design and implement systems to track program progress against indicators; collect and verify information and maintain performance monitoring plans, reports, work plans and monthly reports.
- Develop a flexible monitoring system across intervention components, supporting the adaptive management approach of a large, cross-cutting, regional program.
- Coordinate closely with implementing partners to build cohesive measurement and results systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Economics or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in a local East African language preferred.
- Strong writing, reporting, and presentational skills in English.
- Relevant international development experience, preferably working on USAID economic and/or agricultural development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, organizing and analyzing large amounts of data as well as the ability to design manageable, transparent M&E systems that report progress against indicators throughout the life of a project.
- Experience building and implementing M&E systems across broad and cross-cutting program objectives operating in multiple countries.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: agriculture, enterprise and agribusiness, market linkages, agriculture/rural finance, public-private partnerships, cross border trade, resilience, and women’s empowerment.
- Experience across East Africa strongly preferred. Preference will be given to local East Africa country candidates.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWx5Y2lhLldpdGhlcnNwb29uLjY4Njk5LjM4MzBAcG…