CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
In the context of CBM’s Federation Strategy and new Operating Model aiming at increasing the programmatic impact and its overall effectiveness and efficiency as an international organisation, we are creating a new leadership position at the regional level in East Africa as:
“East Africa Director”
Main objectives of the role
The East Africa Director will provide effective leadership and line management to CBM Country Directors in the region, and to senior staff at the Regional Hub Office. He/she will be responsible and accountable for guiding and overseeing the development and effective implementation of CBM’s country plans in the region. The East Africa Director will also be accountable for the delivery of the yearly regional budget in terms of financial results and agreed output targets. Driving and effectively implementing a change process devolving functions from the regional to the country level and strengthening Country Office capacity will be one of the key objectives of this role. The East Africa Director facilitates learning, exchange, effective collaboration across the CBM Federation and the provision of financial, HR, programmatic and technical standards and support into the countries in the region.
We are looking for someone who will…
• Provide empowering leadership to Country Directors in the East African region ensuring effective programmatic delivery and high operational performance of CBM’s work at country level
• Develop and implement an integrated change management plan for the region and its Country Offices
• Identify opportunities for regional and multi-countries projects and programmes
• Facilitate the provision of timely and adequate financial services and support to Country Offices and partners
• Provide Staff Development plans that enhance organizational and individual performance and ensure professional HR and safety & security support to Country Offices
We are looking for someone who has…
• A passion for making a difference for people with disabilities
• A relevant academic degree (Social sciences, international development, business administration…)
• Professional experience of at least 7 years at a senior management level in a large international NGO and in the Global South
• Leadership and management of decentralized units of operation
• Demonstrated experience in change management
• Significant experience in strategic planning and organizational development
• Excellent people management skills
• Experience in Disability Inclusive Development would be a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please see Here.
The position is initially for two years (renewable) and will be based in Nairobi (Location change is possible as of 2020)
If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to this address: email@example.com. Application Deadline: 2nd November 2017