Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium seeks a Grants Manager for the anticipated USAID “Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR)” activity that spans across all East African Community (EAC) countries (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda), and additional countries in East Africa (Zambia, Somalia, Sudan, Djibouti and Ethiopia). The STARR activity will promote increased agricultural production, investment, trade and resilience to shocks and stresses in the East Africa region by addressing agricultural issues that can mainly be solved on a regional basis. STARR’s interventions will be directed through four interrelated project component areas: 1) strengthening cross-border agriculture trade and value chains, 2) improved regional agricultural inputs, 3) strengthening resilience, and 4) strengthening the regional policy environment.
Purpose of Position
The Grants Manager will lead and oversee all grants administration, from calls for expressions of interest through to implementation. Duration: 4-5 years Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Ensure that grant management activities are carried out in compliance with USAID and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Draft grants manual and related program documents.
- Develop and implement a grants tracking system to ensure timely and accurate execution and monitoring of all grant agreements.
- Maintain communications with recipients to ensure smooth administration of sub instruments.
- Prepare and review grant documents.
- Perform environmental assessments.
- Review grant recipient reports and documentation for compliance with the agreement terms and conditions.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of grantees.
- Liaise with technical teams as required.
- Additional assignments in accordance with activity needs.
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or relevant field.
- At least seven years’ experience managing grants for donor-funded projects. Experience with USAID-funded grants under contract highly preferred.
- Prior experience managing grants for complex, multi-country initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including a demonstrated effectiveness in communication with clients and other project stakeholders.
- Ability to manage large budgets and client relations/expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited guidance.
- Fluency in English and a local East African language required.
- Experience across East Africa strongly preferred. Preference will be given to local East Africa country candidates.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWx5Y2lhLldpdGhlcnNwb29uLjUxMTQ5LjM4MzBAcG…