CBM is an international Christian disability and inclusive development organization whose primary purpose is to improve quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability, who live in the most disadvantaged societies. We are looking to recruit the following position.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The job holder is ensure full reporting and compliance of the practices and procedures relating to project finance granted to project partners, within the CBM AFE Region.
• Conduct financial due diligence checks on prospective partners
• Conduct regular financial checks at partners, Country Offices and other levels as required
• Collaborate with other departments to conduct formal CBM Organization Capacity assessment procedures
• Ensure all partner project-contracts and MOUs are up to date
• Work in accordance with the CBM financial and procurement manuals, partner contracts, CBM internal audit controls, and financial checklists in close liaison with Regional Programme Finance team, Regional Programme Manager, Administration and Accounts Offices
• Ensure that the partner(s) are properly oriented or trained for compliance, financial management and reporting as stipulated by both CBM and donor guidelines
• Provide technical support to the Country Offices and Partner agencies on financial management and reporting and respond to daily compliance queries
• Ensure partner financial grants management records are uploaded into NAVISION and SharePoint systems, and are always up to date Reporting
• Compile and submit to the Regional Office timely and quality reports as per agreed reporting schedules; including project budget transfer/implementation rates, the monthly Critical Project List reporting to Internal Audit and Partner Progress Report (PPR) status
• Compile Red Flag reports and supporting documentations to be submitted to Internal Audit as required
• Follow up and update action plans relating to the projects on the Critical Lists
• Support the Partner Budget Application Process by reviewing submitted budgets to be in line with CBM and donor requirements before approval Compile recommended budget summaries; ensure proposed budgets are uploaded into the Navision systems; and ensure approved budget notifications have been shared with partners across AFE
• In liaison with the Programme Team, ensure all partner savings are approved before re-allocation and re-utilisation
• Monitor whether partners’ financial implementation are done in accordance with CBM procedures and approved budget by conducting regular project visits in liaison with the Programme Team. Signal any significant delays or other issues that impact implementation of programme activities
• Develop and maintain a data base for tracking grant expenditure on a monthly basis and utilize financial and program data to advice on management decisions
• Undertake financial risk analysis with regards to adherence to internal controls and donor compliance on managing programme finances, and provide prevention measures and guidance on minimizing the major programme related risks within the AFE region
• Technical verification of the financial component of the received Project Progress Reports, Audit Reports (AR) and Management Letters (ML) and review whether the projects’/partners’ are in compliance with CBM procedures and requirements; liaise with the Regional Director and programme teams for any concerns around the management of programmes
• Coordinate the assistance to the Country Offices and Partner organizations to resolve audit problems identified in audit management letters
• Provide leadership and mentorship to the Programme grants team in the department
• Ensure the timely development of annual work plans and budgets for the department
• Relevant academic degree (Accounting, Business Administration);
• CPA K OR ACCA;
• Minimum six years’ work experience in same or similar capacity within development sector;
• Solid experience in financial monitoring and control, auditing and procurement systems in an NGO environment;
• Ability to develop and maintain accounting systems, which handle large amounts of information;
• Excellent knowledge of budget management of multi-funded programmes;
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial and narrative reports;
• Good training and/or tutoring skills both on individual and group basis;
• Proven leadership skills;
• Proven interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills including: ability to establish focus, implement strategies, manage conflict.
• Ability to prioritize work, and meet deadlines;
• Preparedness to travel;
• Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment;
• Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s Values Child Protection Policy and safety and security procedures;
• Reflects CBM values in daily work;
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 5 pm Tuesday, 29th August 2017.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.