The purpose of this role is to support The Girl Generation’s monitoring, evaluation and learning across the 10 country programme. The Girl Generation is a five-year programme which promotes an idea: that we can end Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in one generation. It is implemented by Options Consultancy Services UK and funded by the UK’s Department for International Development.
Summary purpose and objective of role
Reporting to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager, the MEL Officer will support monitoring and evaluation of The Girl Generation activities including End FGM grants as well as provide MEL support to communications. Key Responsibilities will include:
• Data capture and presentation across the log frame; reviewing staff monthly reports to develop a consolidated data report every month which can inform quarterly reports and log frame achievements
• Supporting the End FGM Grants M&E component, including review of grantee reports, data collation and entry to support our reporting as well as analysis and presentation of aggregate data for reporting and amplification purposes.
• Provide support to communication and knowledge management through collation of tools, templates and resources and sharing with staff appropriately; support social media activities and social media
The position will be based in Nairobi and is expected to work in liaison with The Girl Generation and End FGM Grants staff in Nairobi and London.
• The candidate will hold a professional degree in a relevant subject
• The candidate will have proven experience supporting monitoring of grants or project administration of a donor-funded projects, or equivalent experience
• The candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills
• The candidate will be fluent in English
• The candidate will have an understanding of and personal commitment to international human rights principles, including women’s and children’s rights
• Fluency in French and/or Arabic is desirable
About Options & The Girl Generation
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
Managed by Options, The Girl Generation (www.thegirlgeneration.org) is a social change communications initiative providing a global platform for galvanising, catalysing and amplifying the Africa-led movement to end FGM, building on what has already been achieved. The Girl Generation seeks to inspire organisations and individuals, including youth, across the ten most affected countries in Africa and beyond, to end FGM in one generation. We also support grassroots organization through the End FGM Small Grants Programme which provides flexible funding to grassroots organisations working to end FGM in order to support their work in the area of communications, advocacy and campaigning to end FGM.
HOW TO APPLY:
• See full advert on our website
• To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Kit Catterson firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
• Closing date for applications is Wednesday 23rd August 2017
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
• Options is an equal opportunities employer
• Candidates are require to have the right to work in Kenya