Description of department:
Logistics Department provides support to the Technical Departments on all stages of the programme implementation in terms of supply chain management. A logistician may be requested to implement a logistics-related project or a part of it. Currently, it is the case for rehabilitations, civil engineering and security management
Main Purpose of Role
Perform supply logistics activities and some administrative activities in the Somalia program and regional offices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Procurement of goods and services
• Consolidating and validating procurement requests (PRs) as well as checking all PRs and ensure they are properly filed with clear specifications.
• Procurement of goods, Services including hotels and Sourcing for competitive prices while ensuring timely delivery/performance according to donor’s regulation.
• Facilitate the purchase of various commodities according Trócaire procurement policies/procedures and ensure that they are of good quality.
• Drafting supply and service contracts.
• Update Order follow up and provide feedback to requesters.
• Ensure proper storage and transportation of goods to Gedo Somalia.
• Prequalifying suppliers and maintaining supplier database.
• Liaison with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods and provision of, services.
• Update programme procurement plans regularly in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator.
• Ensure proper filing of purchase documents and archiving.
• Inform requestors of procurements on the progress by completing the procurement monitoring sheet.
• Act as the focal contact person with the suppliers.
• Ensure regular checks on supplier quality control and Periodic evaluation of suppliers’ performance.
• Carryout Regular market surveys to identify potential suppliers and market trends.
• Ensure office supplies are available in sufficient quantities at all times.
• Perform some administrative activities like receiving phone calls, and general office management.
• Flight, taxi, and accommodation bookings for visitors as and when needed.
• Understand other logistics staff activities and support/replace depending on demand.
• Receiving office visitors and directing to the right person/office.
• Create and maintain the rehabilitation files for both field and Nairobi offices
• Ensure that national rules and organisational policies and procedures are adhered to prior to commencement of any construction work.
• Ensure that transport service contracts are fully adhered to and that purchase files for respective transport services are completed to facilitate payment
• Follow-up on delivery of cargo with the transporter and get confirmation from consignees
• Plan and organise movement of cargo for dispatch to the field (air and road)
• Upon request conduct regular field (Mogadishu and Gedo) visits to carry out audit checks on the implementation of Trocaire logistics policies and procedures in the field and general support of the Field logs team in stocks management
• Timely procurement of program and office supplies.
• Value for money ensured in our all procurements
• Suppliers paid in time following the fulfilment of all the procurement procedures.
• The right quality and right quantity of office as well as program supplies procured.
• Good relationship maintained with suppliers and other external parties
• Minimum, diploma in logistics or purchasing and supply management
• At least 3 years’ experience as a logistician with a similar INGO or Somali Context
• Computing/office technology, contract management and negotiating skills.
• Freight handling, mechanical, construction knowledge
• Good organization capacity, rigor, team spirit, flexibility and good command of English language
• Somali language is an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
For full details of the position, Job description and how to apply, please use the following linkhttps://trocaire.workable.com . Deadline for application is 12th October 2016. Applications will be reviewed when they are received and candidates who had earlier sent in their application need not to apply.