Background on ACTED
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Project Manager-FSL position in Mandera. However this position is dependent on approval of funding.
Reporting to the Projects Coordinator, her/his key areas of responsibility will include:
• Ensure effective implementation of ACTED Food Security programming in accordance with program requirements and in line with Donor regulations, WHO and international standards;
• Coordinate and work closely with Program Team throughout programme planning, design implementation and monitoring and evaluation
• Oversee selection and repair of selected water sources;
• Conduct capacity-building for community groups and staff in the area of food security
• Be responsible for providing Technical guidance on all Food Security components of programmes in the mission, giving support to the Program team and the implementing partners during planning, designing and implementation of Food Security activities.
• Provide technical leadership and support program staff in the design of a medium to long-term interventions, which address current emergency needs but which takes a longer-term view in enhancing mitigation to future crises and accountable management of resources.
• Together with program team, implement Food Security activities in line with the programme proposals and donor requirements and ensure timely production of and submission of programme reports and budget revisions
• Continuously review Food Security strategy and programme approaches to appropriately address and accommodate emerging field context
• Participate in conducting joint assessments and planning responses together with other team and follow up on the recommendations
• Propose innovative Food Security approaches relevant to the fragile context including on climate change, food resource management, food quality, food security etc.
• Ensure that there is creative and holistic approach to Food Security programming, assist the team in finding ways to integrate/link and combine food security promotion with Health, Nutrition, and Livelihoods etc.
• To provide guidance and training to program staff to ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues
• To provide technical expertise and guidance to staff as appropriate, in (for example, but not limited to) assessment, monitoring, evaluation, reporting (Internal and Donor Reports), financial management, proposal development, technical design of water and sanitation facilities and the exercise of judgment skills.
• Participate proactively and contribute in the food security cluster meetings and, at a technical level engage with UN agencies and line ministries as needed.
• Work closely with field teams on objectives, indicators and activities and develop clear monitoring frameworks for each program in collaboration with the M & E Officers
• Ensure the development, implementation and periodic review of detailed annual implementation plans for the various Food Security projects
• Other duties as required
• A Degree/Masters in related field.
• More than five years’ experience in working/programming in either emergency/relief or development, including managing community-based food projects with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects
• Background in implementation of projects with a component of
• Experience in project design, proposal writing, needs assessments, surveys, and information management.
• Experience in supervising, training, and coaching staff
• Ability to conduct and effectively communicate community Food Security needs assessment, program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Food Security activities.
• Computer literacy (MS Office), English & Somali fluency is the minimum requirements.
• Experience of working in a team and coordinating the work of project staff of different cultural backgrounds.
• Able to handle, prioritize, multiple tasks simultaneously.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter as a single document with the cover letter being the first page and the CV starting on the second page) with the subject line ” Application for Project Manager-FSL ” to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before 18th October 2017. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
• This vacancy is dependent on approval of funding
• Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• ACTED has right to hire before the stated deadline.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.