Background on ACTED
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Elwak. However this position is dependent on approval of funding.
Under the supervision and guidance of the office manager, the Project Partnership Officer will be responsible for ensuring that projects’ activities are fully implemented in accordance with proposals, according to ACTED rules and regulations and donor requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow up the implementation project activities in Elwak to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
• Ensure that ACTED actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
• Coordinate with the ACTED and partner field team in Elwak and other departments to prepare and follow up project monitoring and evaluation plans.
• Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the project at the field level to ensure the partner’s successful implementation of all projects activities, the generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project objectives.
• Write monthly reports and share with Office manager
• Help in development and updating of monthly Project Management Framework (PMF) sheets to ensure smooth tracking of the assigned projects
• Periodically monitor and update Beneficiary database of the projects and update in the events of re-targeting before finally sharing with interested departments
• Ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc.)
• Coordinate with AME departments in alerting them on all planned monitoring activities of the projects and create smooth work relationship
• Produce departmental internal report on weekly and monthly basis
• Provide internal reporting as requested from coordination and line management
• Accurately manage payrolls for beneficiaries ahead of cash transfers.
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline
• Project management experience in Donor Funded Projects
• Demonstrated experience in project management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
• Experience with SCOPE system will be a plus
• Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
• Hands On experience in report writing
• Prior significant humanitarian work experience is an added advantage
• Ability and willing to travel in Somalia
• Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
• Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
• Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
• Fluent in Somali and English
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their cover letter and curriculum vitae as a single document detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com to be received on or before 5.00pm, 20th September 2017 with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR PROJECT PARTNERSHIP OFFICER_ELWAK.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of the recruitment process request a candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.