Design and Create: 70% for first six months, 10% thereafter
o Updating existing training materials to adapt for external audience
o Developing new training materials for a) Village Enterprise staff to deliver replication training and support to partner organizations and b) for partner organizations to replicate the Village Enterprise model
o Create interactive, effective, and exciting training sessions for partner organizations on the Village Enterprise model and approach
• Systems and processes:
o Design and develop internal and external feedback loops for Village Enterprise to understand impact of replication in ‘real time’ and adjust accordingly
Replication with partners: 10% for first six months, 40% thereafter
• Setting up support
o Conducting needs assessments of partner organizations and tailoring training/support as required
o Responsible for arranging logistics for replication within a given budget (including travel and field-based work)
• In person support (embedded with partner organization for 3-6 months):
o Working with each partner’s leadership team to ensure excellent relationships and a high chance of replication success
o Supporting partners to set up requisite systems and processes, including M&E systems and financial systems
o Conducting training with relevant staff members on the Village Enterprise model and replication
o Leading initial program implementation through partners (e.g. playing a lead role in training local Business Mentors)
• Remote support (via Skype, email etc)
o Holding regular review meetings with partner organizations to provide ad-hoc training and support
o Reviewing quarterly reporting from partner organizations to assess whether additional support is required
o Potential follow-up visit(s) to partner organizations
• Quality management
o Trains and supports on quality control processes
o Participates in ensuring quality data collection
o Enforces quality standards
o Helps support, identify and correct problem areas, e.g. through continued system development
Partnership management: 10% for first six months, 20% thereafter
• Manage relationships with partners to maintain clear communication, smooth operations and strong working relationships
• Document relationship as per Village Enterprise protocol and discuss with partnerships team as required
Direct line management of Replication Field Coordinator: 0% for first six months, 20% thereafter
• Tailored capacity building and professional development support to enable Replication Field Coordinator to fulfil his/her role
• Line management for Replication Field Coordinator. The RFC will be embedded within the partner organization for 6-12 months, so management will include distant support
• Fulfils internal reporting requirements on replicating partner’s progress
• Provide management oversight and leadership, in cooperation with the Accelerator Director, Chief Operating Officer (based in Kampala), Country Directors and field staff (based in Kitale, Kenya; Soroti and Hoima, Uganda)
• Participate and contribute to Management Team Meetings
• Assist in general operations as needed
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a passion for training and development. The individual should have at least five years working in management of development programs in rural communities in sub-Saharan Africa.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Passionate about ending extreme poverty in sub-Saharan Africa.
• A self-starter who thrives on taking the initiative, identifying and testing new ideas, and working with a team to create the best solution.
• Experienced in curriculum development and assessment.
• Highly experienced in designing and leading training with (adult) participants.
• Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills. An ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and coach and mentor staff.
• An ability to work in challenging and changing environments, and to see through challenges to find solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact as demonstrated in previous roles that required communication with a broad and diverse set of partners.
• Experience in dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders representing government, external partners, and others.
• Computer literate and proficient.
• Fluency in English is a must.
• Deep experience with supporting those in extreme poverty through microenterprises and familiarity with Poverty Graduation approach.
• Highly competent with technology, including using innovative apps. Experience designing apps and back-ends of websites would be ideal.
• Fluency in other widely spoken languages in Africa: French would be particularly desirable.
• A diploma or undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Replication Manager Application”. Your cover letter should explain why your experience and background make you the ideal candidate for this position, and should be no more than two pages. Applications are on a rolling basis until the position is filled. In your cover letter, please make sure to include where you found the job posting.
Note: Please do not contact Village Enterprise to enquire as to the status of your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.