Girl Child Network (GCN) is seeking the services of a Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Specialist to provide overall technical leadership for the Resource Mobilization and Fundraising for the organization. S/He will provide expertise in the development and marketing of GCN Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Strategy, build capacities of staff and ensure that the organization has adequate resources to implement the approved 2017-2022 Strategic Plan. We believe that nurturing and caring for children especially the girl child is the cornerstone of human development and strong family foundation. Girl Child Network was created to overcome the challenges that ignorance, cultural barriers, poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a young girl’s development path. We believe that we can, together, advance the cause of humanity by supporting children’s rights as human rights.
Purpose of the Position
Under the guidance of the Executive Director and the Programs Director, the Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Specialist shall be responsible for the overall coordination, planning, development and management of a resource mobilization and partnership strategy to engage relevant partners in fund raising, and support on accountability and transparent fund management. S/He will be responsible for the analysis and management of the relationship with private and global partners and of all fundraising channels and activities, ensuring engaged and long-term partnerships as well as flexible and unrestricted resources for the organization.
Tasks will include the following:
• Review and implementation of Resource Mobilization Strategy
• Initiate and establish relationships with donors at the country, Regional and International levels and lead in programmes that will facilitate this
• Research and analyze donor call for funding applications including expressions of interest and requests for proposals
• Take lead in grant proposal development and marketing of the same
• Develop innovative approaches in mobilizing both financial and non-financial resources locally and internationally; and develop a strategy for obtaining this regularly.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Economics, Finance, Marketing, Community Development, Social Sciences, International Relations or any other related field. A Masters’ degree in development, management or a related development field is desirable
• A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in a related field and in non-profit resource mobilization
• Proven track record in fund raising and resource mobilization at local and international levels
• Ability to Meet related targets within a specified contractual period
• Excellent networking and partnership building skills with experience in networking with local and international NGOs, CSOs, donors, Ministry-Level partners, and other organizations
• A strong awareness of current issues in the field of development, and donor funding opportunities
• Knowledge of various donor requirements and proven ability to develop and write winning grants proposals
• Extensive knowledge in Program planning, design development and management
• Proven ability in grant management reporting
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Dynamic, self-motivated and be able to work independently
• Proven computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Power point presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web based research; use of virtual office applications will be an added advantage;
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who possess the required qualifications can send their hard copy application with a detailed CV and all related credentials with clear indication of the expected salary to Girl Child Network using the specified physical address latest by 5 November 2017 at 4.00 pm. Candidates from outside the country (only) can send their application, CV and related credentials by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girl Child Network
Valley View Office Park Building (Tower A-5th Floor)
City Park Drive, Off Limuru Road
P. O. Box 2447-00200 Nairobi
Att: The Human Resource Manager NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted