The Team Lead – Clinical Services will be responsible for delivering the Afya Jijini mandate at the Sub County level i.e. Improved and Increased Access and Utilization of Quality Health Services through Strengthened Service Delivery and Institutional Capacity of County Health Systems in Nairobi County under USAID-funded Afya Jijini project. This will be through the 3 sub purpose areas, namely:-
Sub-Purpose 1: Increased Access and Utilization of Quality HIV Services
Sub-Purpose 2: Increased Access and Utilization of Focused MNH, CH, FP, WASH, and Nutrition Services
Sub-Purpose 3: Strengthened and Functional County Health Systems
Duties and Responsibilities
1. In collaboration with the project team and stakeholders, provide technical leadership and management of Afya Jijini’s UHAI team to deliver under the respective sub purpose areas
2. Working with HSS team, strengthen the operation of the target sub-county committees by strengthening health systems platform e.g. strengthen EMR, mobile health, facility leadership forums, commodity management and partner coordination etc.
3. Directly oversee the establishment and monthly coaching of WITs in all CCCs, MCH clinics and maternities within the allocated sub- counties
4. Support strengthened onsite mentorship in HIV, MNCH, RHFP, WASH and nutrition
5. Support implementation of integrates services for supported services and focus on meeting facility level targets
6. Focus on reaching the most vulnerable populations where needed e.g. Adolescents and youth, KP, AGYW, children and street families using innovative approaches
7. With the M&E team oversee data quality and DDIU at facility level
8. Directly implement support for the technical area of strength e.g. HIV or MNCH as requested by the Program lead
9. Prepare monthly and quarterly activity plans, budget plans and reports as required
10. Coordinate with the rest of the technical team and the HRH advisor to oversee any needed training using the approved syllabi and documentation of the same in the TraiNet
11. Institute measures aimed at reducing maternal and childhood morbidities and mortalities at target identified high risk informal settlements within the cluster coverage area
12. Strengthened community- facility linkages to include PSSG, involvement in community health education and mobilization for services at the facility
13. In collaboration with the project communication manager and rest of technical teams develop relevant knowledge documents (reports, success stories, case studies and others as maybe required).
14. Participate in relevant government, funding agency and stakeholders technical working groups and other key technical meetings.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge
1. Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, additional training Master’s in public health or any other health related masters will be an added advantage
2. At least 5 years’ experience in successful field implementation of HIV/RH/FP programs in Kenya
3. Demonstrated skills in designing and rolling out GoK-endorsed approaches that result in improved uptake of services HIV services (Adults, PMTCT, Paediatrics, Key Population)
4. Ability to establish linkages and relationships with national, County, and sub-county government; health facilities; and implementing partners within Nairobi County working on HIV/ FP and RH.
5. Strong communication skills, including writing reports and preparing of presentations
6. Knowledge of PEPFAR program in Kenya will be an added advantage
7. Ability to work in under pressure and complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
8. Must be a team player with strong leadership and mentorship skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward application and CV to email@example.com .