Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Officer ensures that s/he performs transparent and efficient logistics activities for ACTED programmes in Maralal.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective 1: Management of the Maralal level
• In accordance to ACTED’s procurement procedures, be responsible for the procurement process of all items or services purchased on the Maralal level up to the level (Scenario) agreed with the Logistics Manager
• Receiving orders from the various departments, signing them and updating in the order follow up.
• Responsible for signing all procurement memo for Maralal level procurement;
• Responsible to setting up the correct procurement procedure for each purchase;
• Contact requesters to ensure correct specifications of each items ordered, in order to avoid non-matching procurement;
• Ensure procurement of goods and services is always done following the value for money principle;
• Accountable for Compliance with respects to all capital procurement;
• Establish the monthly purchase forecast, gathering all purchase that will be done on capital level, and send it to the Logistics Manager.
• Accountable for the reception of all items delivered or in transit to the Maralal office;
• Accountable for quantity and quality check of all goods received on the Maralal level;
• Ensure the information flow between the different Stakeholders in the supply chain;
• Responsible for transmission to finance all procurement files for payment
• Responsible for filling the logistics and compliance procurement file;
Objective 2: Stock management and procurement follow-up tools update
• Develop, update and supervise the Order follow-up;
• Develop, update and supervise the supplier data base;
• Develop and update the price data base;
• Supervise the IN and OUT processes
• Supervise the filing of all processed documents, according to FLAT procedures;
• Responsible for compliance with the stock management procedures;
Objective 3: Office/infrastructure management
• Responsible for the Maralal base various works
• Accountable for office/guesthouse bills payment i.e. electricity, water bills and internet for guest house/office
• Accountable for setting up and receiving requests for house/office maintenance and assure the effective treatment;
• Accountable for the maintenance and reparation of guesthouses, offices and warehouses
• Responsible for lease agreement preparation and amendments;
Objective 4: Supervision of staff
• Direct supervisor of the Logistics Assistants, House keepers and gardener
• Assure that security and safety rules are respected by the staff under his direct supervision;
• Replace the missing staff and predict supplementary staff needs according to HR procedures;
• Assure evaluation and contribute to the development of competencies of the staff under his direct supervision;
• Validate leaves and breaks of staff under his direct supervision;
• Assure the daily management of his team;
• Participate in the recruitment of the positions under him;
• Assure the repartitions and coordination of work;
• Deal with HR problem within his team and report problems to Log Manager and HR team;
Objective 5: Reporting
• Send every Friday the updated Order follow-up to the Heads of Departments and the Program Managers;
• Compile and analyze the Logistics reports and send them to the Logistics Manager on 5th of each month.
• Writing of the Log Team meeting minutes
Objective 6: Logistics Document Filling
• Reception of purchase files and control of the conformity to ACTED procurement procedures. Report any missing to the Logistics Manager
• Physical filing of the procurement documents in the adequate place.
• Scan every purchase files and save it on the server
• Organize the archive room and insure security/cleanness of it;
• Bachelor degree in purchasing Supply Management or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS, UK) or higher national diploma in store, logistics management or equivalent.
• At least 4 years relevant experience in procurement and logistics management in INGOs.
• Computer literate and with excellent IT Knowledge.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
• Strong people management and leadership skills;
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• Experience in providing inputs to proposals and donor reports in procurement and logistics.
• Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical management of an organization.
• Ability to work under pressure, deal constructively with stress and working long hours.
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
Being conversant in Somali language will be considered an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their cover letter and curriculum vitae as a single document detailing three work related referees and contacts firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before 5.00pm, 15th September 2017 with the subject line:
APPLICATION FOR LOGISTICS OFFICER_SAMBURU .Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of the recruitment process request a candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.