The Accountant 1 is in charge of preparing, reconciling and analyzing the accounting records and financial reports of the delegation/other structure under their responsibility in the Dar es Salaam office.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Receives the prepared invoices for payments from the administrative secretary and verifies that the supporting documentation attached to each invoice is complete and approved according to Rules on Financial Management and any other internal requirements (according to types of expenses: hotel invoices, travel invoices, import invoices, rent, goods/services invoices, etc.);
· Verifies that working advances (WAD) and salary advances (SAD) are properly filled in and signed;
· Verifies that working advances (WAD) are properly and timely settled with all corresponding supporting documentation and charging stickers;
· Prepares the daily cash control;
· Performs end of month Reconciliations and accounting closure and send original accounting documents of accounting closure to Nairobi by 3rd of every month;
· Draws the monthly accounting reports (petty cash statement, treasury statement, consolidated bank statements, monthly telex, etc.);
· Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation for approval by the Finance & Administration Manager;
· Preparation of quarterly balance confirmations and ensuring timely feedback to the audit unit in Manila;
· Supports the administration officer in Kibondo for any accounting queries and verify in IRIS the entries for Kibondo;
· Prepares timely replies to monthly audit comments from manilla in collaboration with Kibondo, for approval by the Finance & Administration Manager;
· Prepares the monthly forecasts for approval by the Finance & Administration Manager;
· Prepares and enters the yearly budget with the Finance & Administration manager and all the concerned departments for Tanzania;
· Monitors the cash needs and the forecasts for Kibondo office and assists in case of need;
· Collects on a monthly basis, invoices with VAT to be recovered and organises all necessary paperwork for submission to relevant government authorities, ensures the follow-up to get reimbursements in due time;
· Keep an updated worksheet of the VAT movement (applications, refunds and pending);
· Prepares payments to Tanzania Revenue Authority for withholding taxes of premises rental and keep up to date its reconciliation;
· Prepares and follows up with the relevant authorities for social security and all statutory payments and filing of the statutory receipts on monthly basis;
· Supervises the proper filing and archiving of all accounting documents;
· Performs suppliers’ reconciliations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· University Degree or Advance Diploma in Accounting/CPA added advantage;
· Minimum 3-4 years’ working experience in a Finance position;
· Previous working experience with International Organizations (preferred);
· Excellent command of written and spoken English Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
· Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance;
· Attentive to details with high sense of confidentiality and integrity;
· Good presentation and analytical skills.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 06th January 2023 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– Application Link
– Email: email@example.com
The reference Accountant 1 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
This position is open to Nationals with resident permit in Tanzania and have a work permit.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.